Saturday, June 02, 2007

Update

I have been really bored lately so I figured that I would at least update my blog. I have been sitting in my room all day because the other people in my group are busy studying or doing projects for their classes. I fixed some of my drawings for my Anatomical Art class, because I am pretty sure I failed the assignment last week because I cared very little about the quality of my drawings. Then I watched the rest of the Fast Food Nation DVD I bought here. The movie was really crappy. I thought that it was a documentary like Super Size Me, but it is an actual feature film with really crappy acting (any movie with Avril Lavigne- no matter how small of a part she plays, is doomed to be a failure). I noticed that the same boy and the dad from Little Miss Sunshine were in this movie too. I wonder if that is how they got put in Little Miss Sunshine together too. The last couple days have kinda been filled with crappy movies. A couple of days ago I watched a movie called the Peaceful Warrior. I had seen the movie poster in a magazine a while ago and I thought it was about some Native American themed movie but when I looked at the back cover as I bought it I saw that it was actually about gymnastics. That should have been my first clue that it was not going to be a good movie but the front cover was really good and my motto is "Always judge a book, movie, or cd by its cover." The movie turned started out pretty boring, then got a little better, then kinda stupid, and then the main character got in a motorcycle accident and broke his leg (remember he is a gymnast), then it was inspiring, and then it dragged on. So basically it was just an alright movie. It said that it was based on a true story but when I went to the wikipedia page about the person the movie was based on, their stories didn't seem to match up very much- the only thing that seemed link was that they were gymnasts (but even their schools were different and the real person was a coach, not an athlete when they went to the national championships that year). Anyway, I need to stop buying movies just because they are independently made.

Nothing else has happened lately, I am going to Huaraz next Thursday. It is a glacier close to Lima. I am pretty excited about that.

No comments: