Tuesday, September 12, 2006

If it was physically possible, I would have Sufjan Stevens' children

Tomorrow I am headed up to Dallas with some friends to see a concert. I am pumped about it. We are going to see Sufjan Stevens. Many people don't know who he is but believe you me, he is going to be huge. He has been around for a couple of years. I don't know who to compare his music to because his style changes from song to song. Some songs are very folk and others are rock and others are just unique. His albums are all incredible.
Here is the Wikipedia article intro:

Sufjan
Stevens (IPA pronunciation: [ˈsʊf jɑn]) (born July 1, 1975) is an American musician, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist from Detroit, Michigan. He is known for his lyrically focused and instrumentally rich songs that often relate to faith and family. He has enjoyed wide critical success in the United States. He is considered part of the folk revival in indie pop, but his influences are very broad. His music has been likened to electronica [1], the jazz of Vince Guaraldi [2], and the academic minimalism of Steve Reich [3]. Stevens has announced plans to make an album for each of the 50 U.S. states, beginning the series with the albums Michigan (2003) and Illinois (2005).

This trip will be interesting. My friends and I are leaving at 12:30 and driving about four or five hours to Dallas. The show starts at 7. It will probably get out around ten or eleven and then we are headed back. So we aren't going to be back until three or four. Luckily, my 9:25 class was cancelled so I can sleep in until 10:15 or so. I will hopefully be able to post photos from the concert so stay tuned.

No comments: