Sunday, March 11, 2007

Las Ruinas de Pachacamac

I went to these ruins that are a little outside of the city. The ara is called Pachacamac and I think it is still being excavated because there was only one big house/palace that was open. The ruins are reconstructed so you can see where the old walls ended and where the new ones began. It is interesting to see how the houses were when they were first constructed but I think the new walls lack authenticity. Well I attached some photos.
Also, the students from the Multi-Country program showed up today. There are about fifteen. They are all really nice but they only talked in English. Most of them speak some Spanish but they are more accustomed to speaking to each other in English, so the entire day (we went on a long tour of the city) was conducted in English. Oh but we did go to the catacombs under the cathedral. The catacombs were so cool, but photography wasn't allowed so I can't share them with you. I found some photos online here and here

Here are my photos:
P1010062
P1010060
The gigantic corn I wrote about earlier

P1010039
The entire world was tilted- not my camera.

P1010012
That room
P1010014
With this view

P1010030

P1010051

P1010040
Small Walkways

P1010055
For some reason I doubt that the cross was there when the Incas lived in that village.

No comments: