Sunday, March 18, 2007

Machu Picchu

I just got back from Machu Picchu (MP) and I am in a train going from Aguas Calientes to Cusco. MP was amazing. You have to go there at some point in your life. It is so gorgeous. The day started off pretty bad. My roommate and I got up forty minutes late so we had to rush to get ready and sip breakfast so that we could get on the bus. We caught the bus that left right after our group´s. It only took twenty minutes or so to get up MP so the bus ride wasn´t bad. We got there and our entire group was waiting- but apparently they hadn´t been waiting very long- and we all entered the park together. The weather was miserable. It was cold, wingy, raining, andt here was so much fog that we could hardly see anything. So I was pretty pissed. I really don´t like taking tours either- my brain just shuts off when too much information is thrown at me- that or I just don{t care much about the subject matter. So the tour lasted like two hours and I hated nearly every minute of it (moreso because of the standing in the cold rain than what was actually being said). I bought a used SLR camera before coming and I used up the last of the roll once I got to MP, so I went in some enclosure to change the film, but something was wrong when I tried to roll up the film. As I turned the knob, the pressure against me got harder and stupidly I pressed harder and broke the handle. So I was freaking out. I manage to put the knob back in but it kept coming off. So I put it away and decided to wait until I find someone who knows what they are doing ot help me (which I did find in a person that is sitting right in front of me in the train). I had my digital camera too, so I still got to take some nice photos.
The day cleared up soon after the tour so it made up a lot for the morning and I quickly shook off my frustration. After taking some photos around MP, we all went and hiked up Waynapicchu. The hike was pretty difficult so we had to take it slowly. After about an hour or an hour and a half, we reached the top where there were more ruins. The place was so beautiful and had a great view of the surrounding mountains and MP below. I split off from the group and went a different route. I really wanted so photos so I to set the timer and put the camera on the tripod and run back and forth for my photos. Then I met the rest of the group at the very top and took some cool photos on the rocks. When I got back down it was nearly time to take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes.

Here are the photos from Machu Picchu:
P1010040
P1010120 1
P1010121 1
P1010071 1
P1010070 1
P1010063 1
P1010044
P1010052 1
P1010053 1
P1010080 1
P1010105 1

No comments: